Contenido de la página
How to Make Gumbo (Stewed Chicken Recipe)
Chicken Gumbo recipe with an authentic and rich flavor, one of New Orleans' most famous stews.
Ingredientes para el Gumbo
- 1 cup brown rice or uncooked white rice.
- 1/2 cup multipurpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil.
- 1 whole chicken, in pieces and without skin.
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large onion).
- 1 cup chopped green pepper.
- 1 cup chopped celery.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 2 dried bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes .
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth.
- 2 teaspoons of sauce and dye.
- 1 teaspoon spicy chilli sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups okra, split and frozen.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
Steps to prepare to make Gumbo
- Cook the rice as indicated in the package, omitting the butter and salt; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in an 8-quart pot or saucepan, pour the flour, stirring constantly over medium-low heat, until dark brown. Remove from pot; Away.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add chicken pieces, onions, pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping the chicken pieces and stirring frequently, until the chicken is golden brown and the vegetables are soft.
- Add, stirring, toasted flour, tomatoes, broth, coloring sauce, and chili sauce until well mixed. Let it boil. Reduce heat, lid, and bring to the boil for 50 minutes. Add the okra, cover, and bring to the boil for 20 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot; allow it to cool for about 10 minutes or until it can be touched. Bone it and remove bones; cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and return it to the pot. Cook until everything has heated up. Remove the bay leaves. Serve on cooked rice; sprinkle the parsley.