Recipe for Swedish Style Meatballs (Köttbullar) For Diabetics
Ingredients for Swedish-style meatballs
- 300 grams of minced meat, beef.
- 100 grams of minced pork.
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- 1/2 Onion.
- 1 Egg.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- 100 milliliters of milk.
- salt taste.
- Black pepper to taste.
- Fresh chives.
Steps to Make Swedish-Style Meatballs
- We proceed to peel the onion and chop it finely, add it in a bowl and then add the minced meat, breadcrumbs, egg, black pepper and salt to taste.
- We mix everything well and take small portions and give it meatball shapes.
- Now in a frying pan we put 4 tablespoons of olive oil, put it over medium heat and add the meatballs for a few minutes, remove and set aside.
- For the sauce, put the same pot of the meatballs on the heat with the oil used for frying, add a tablespoon of flour and stir until golden brown, now add 100 ml of milk, salt pepper, and mix well. Let it boil for a few minutes until the sauce has the desired texture.
- Add the Swedish meatballs to the sauce and let them cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve a serving of mashed potatoes on each dish and some Swedish meatballs in your sauce. Garnish with chopped fresh chives.